Nobody plans to end up in the lawyer’s office fighting over family assets. As with everything, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. One way to minimize the risk of this happening is to negotiate and agree upon you and your partner’s rights and obligations during a happy period of your relationship. In this regard, we assist with the drafting and negotiation of:
- co-habitation agreements;
- co-ownership agreements;
- marriage agreements (‘pre-nups’); and
- common-law and marital property agreements.
In the event that you are faced with a separation or a divorce, we can also assist with:
- the drafting and negotiation of a separation agreement;
- the filing of uncontested applications for divorce; and
- the filing of contested applications for divorce where the dispute centers on the division of family assets.